Get started now!
504's and IEP's : Navigating the System
Getting the Help You Need for your Child
What Will I Learn ?
✅Time-saving strategies for advocating for your child
✅How to qualify for an IEP or 504
✅Understand the ‘alphabet’ of getting your child the help they need
✅Understand the rights of students with disabilities
✅The questions to ask to get help for your child
✅How to prepare for an IEP or 504 Plan meeting
✅How to be an effective parent as part of your child’s educational team
For parents that are investigating the possibility of or are in the process of a 504 or IEP for their child.
Topics covered :
- Dyslexia , LD , and ADHD Overview
- Understand the rights of students with disabilities : Section 504; IDEA; ADA
- Learn what type of questions to ask
- Understand the steps- of-the- process : IEP Roadmap
- Learn to prepare for the IEP and/or 504 meetings : who and what to bring from a special education advocate.
- Learn how ADHD can be addressed in 504's
- Learn how to write a 504, as a parent, you are part of the team and do have input!
Lists of Accommodations
List of Additional Resources
What others have to say about this course:
"Thanks so much Bonnie! Your advice regarding the IEP’s of my son was spot on. The IEP meeting went so much smoother than it had ever before. I’ve been doing IEP meetings for my son for 4 years, and this one, by far was the least stressful. I came in prepared and got what I needed for my son."
- Regina Adams, CA
"What a difference! I can’t get over how I got the accommodations we needed so easily. Your advice was spot-on. Thank you! "
- Margie Cowen, PA
"I never knew we could get those types of accommodations. What a difference it has made for Gabe. He comes home from school happy now. Thanks so much Bonnie! "
- Jennifer Garrett, KS
"I gave my daughter’s teacher some of the suggestions you made for helping her in the classroom. Boy, what a difference. Thanks so much for including that in your course"
- Anne Huck, CA
Bonnie Terry, M. Ed., BCET, is a board-certified educational therapist, learning disability specialist, dyslexia, ADHD expert, and on-line educator. She is the best-selling author of:
- Family Strategies for ADHD Kids
- School Strategies for ADHD Kids
- Five Minutes to Better Reading Skills
- Ten Minutes to Better Study Skills
- The Sentence Zone Game
- The Awaken the Scholar Within On-line Learning Programs
Bonnie is also an on-line instructor at the University of North Dakota and University of the Pacific: ADHD Classroom and Teaching Strategies and Study Skills Courses. Bonnie is the co-author of best-selling Smarter Squared: How to Use Personalized Learning to Master School Faster and Create the Future YOU Want!